Sunday, December 9, 2007

Where in the world should I start???

Where do I begin when I write? Well, I begin at the beginning and work my way to the end. I also start with an outline. It looks like this:

I. Imogene is in the park working off her probation.
II. She finds a medallion and it takes her to another world.
III. A guard finds her blah, blah, blah.

It's really basic, super duper basic. Then I move to making it more detailed, then I start writing. It's very telly, no metaphores, no details, sounds more like a story one would tell around a campfire or a bedtime story. Then I go back and fill in the details and add more spice to the story. Works for me. :)

I really admire the writer who just sits down and writes straight through to the end. How do they do that???? How do you create characters by straight writing through ????? Doesn't make sense to my little noggin' but my little noggin' is different from others. Then there are those who can write one page, go back, fix it and move on. ARGGG!!! I'd shoot myself before trying that writing scheme, but it works for others. Strange how that happens, huh?

But I guess the most important piece of Advice is to the christian writer. Write what God tells you to write, not what others want you to write, capise???

Peace!!!

kim

No comments: